String of Pearls is a Reconstructionist congregation in Princeton. We are a diverse and inclusive group, and welcome all who are willing to commit to the integration of community, worship, study, acts of loving kindness (gemilut hasadim), and repair of the world (tikkun olam).
Our spiritual leader is Rabbi Marsha Friedman. Click on this link to learn more about her and sample some of her teachings.
Princeton Reconstructionist Synagogue: a String of Pearls (PRS/SOP) is a participatory Reconstructionist congregation dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive Jewish community. We explore the evolving nature of Jewish life within the framework of Judaism’s enduring values. We affirm the concept of mitzvah as obligation by acting on these values through the practices of torah (learning), avodah (
- an adult study series on the philosophies of Heschel, Buber, and Kaplan
- a series exploring Jewish foods of the Diaspora
- Hebrew School (it's never too late to register! -- see below)
- for a complete list of dates for events and services click on our Late Winter through Spring Calendar.
We hope to see you!
Part of our Knitting Group's four packages of hats, scarves, and neck cowls sent in December to a charity in Seattle coordinating distribution in Jordan:
Classes began Monday, October 5, but there is still time to register! Enroll by filling out and returning the 2015-2016 Hebrew School Registration Form and Emergency Contact Form. Click to view the complete list of 2015-2016 Hebrew School Dates. For more information, visit our Hebrew School page and/or contact us.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
String of Pearls is an Amazon Associate!
Become an Amazon Prime Member (30-day free trial) for these benefits:
* Borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library
* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping with no minimum order size
* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with titles for everyone